Thursday, July 07, 2005

It's about time

I've been talking about getting a blog for ages, so this is it. The food content's going to be a bit low for a while as I'm on Virus round 2 (or is it 3) and no one wants me cooking for them right now.

Fortunately, I can knit, spin and generally futz around when I'm not napping. I just finished a test-knit for my friend Sivia (hoping to get permission to post photos). It's the first time I've done a top-down Faroese, and like all shawls, the rows are looooooong at the end. What a relief to go back to the cardigan I'm knitting for the Flame's grandma. It's Jamaica from Dale Book No. 122. Instead of Dale's Svale, I'm using Sirdar's Denim Tweed DK to better withstand the rigors of institutional laundry. This should give you an idea of the colour and style.



On the wheels? Combed silver-grey Romney on the Rognvaldson - practise for the huge Romney fleece in the basement. A bump from the Barefoot Spinner from M$W 2004 - red, white, cinnamon, pink - this is destined to be a Wool Peddler's shawl on the Tina and some hunter green merino/silk noil that my friend Melanie did not care for on the Polonaise. I'm just letting it do it's thing and not worrying about the noils. The Polonaise is going to go live with my friend Jen for a while so I need to get this done and off the wheel! I've got this much left.


That's it for now, time for some more cough syrup and the house painters are finally back to finish up the outside.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sam said...

Hey, do I get to be first?! Welcome to the bloggosphere - I'm looking forward to recipes and fiber talk. :-)

12:56 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

Well, well, well....Glad to see you here. Hope you enjoy this! I do, which surprised me.

The noil in the wool blend is SUPPOSED to add some texture, Dear, so I hope you don't worry about it.....Can't wait to see the spun goods!

12:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whee! It took me a couple of weeks to get here, but it took you forever, so... Happy blogging!

2:32 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Hi:

Do you like your Rognvaldson wheel? I'm looking to buy one. Do you prefer it over your Tina and do you prefer double treadle over single? Thanks for any advice.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home