Tuesday, November 14, 2006

The week that time ate.

My work thinks I was on vacation last week.

My day timer thought I was on vacation last week.

Somehow I ended up busier than ever. I filled in for a girlfriend at her work for a week (and I'll be doing some more this week and working my regular job) and discovered that learning new work routines and painting kitchen cupboards can just eat up a girl's time.


Needless to say, there was no Menu Monday. The potential dye kitchen downstairs has nice white cupboards, the irony.

I've started the KP sweater in Fern, it's Really Green. It will make for good bus knitting until it becomes unwieldy as the pattern is easily memorized. I am thinking about making the central staghorn cables on the sleeves and shoulder strap chocolate brown. Thoughts? Either that or tipping the neck and sleeve cuffs in chocolate brown. I'm pretty sure I'm too lazy to go back and start the ribbing over again to tip the body ribbing as well.



Good thing I had that baby sweater done in time for the shower :)



Project specs : Cookie from Miss Bea's Rainy Day

Yarn : All Seasons Cotton Melange, Blackcurrant (211)

Needles : 4 and 5mm addis

Started : on the way to OFFF so, September 22nd.
Finished : November 1st or so?

There is absolutely nothing to dislike about this pattern. Quick, easy, stylish and nicely oversized. I'd knit it again in a heartbeat and a colour change would up the unisex factor.

7 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Love the sweater and I love white cupboards. So clean and fresh.

10:08 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

so that's where you've been!

5:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe you have priorities over US, your beloved and loyal worshippers. Too thick?

Get the cabinets painted, chop chop. You've got to be getting sick of home improvement type stuff. I feel for ya.

5:16 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Yeah! I think the kp sweater was the one I would have voted for, 'cept that I forgot to vote.

8:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't forgotten you, and will be contacting you shortly to confirm your details.

Lovely sweater. Gorgeous colour.

All the best from your secret pal-Ornamental.

3:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leave it green! Still Alive out in the Atlantic somewhere. Tomorrow, Tenerife. Found yarn almost everywhere. You won't believe it!
Lara

9:06 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

*Adorable* sweater!

7:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home