Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Looking ahead and looking back.

Knock on wood, things are looking up around here!

Monday dinner was yummy risotto leftovers. I'm too much of a klutz to peel squash so I just slice the squash into 1/2" slices and pop it into a 350-400F oven for about half an hour.



Tonight is probably going to be Chinese takeout or home-made Stroganoff depending on how early I get home (ended up going out on the weekend so neither of these dinners happened).

Wednesday may be sushi with The Flame's cousin. I have to admit that eating out is sounding pretty good as the plumber will be over to dig up the front yard and jack-hammer by the front door to prepare for laying a new line to the house (Yay!)

The Flame gets to spend Thursday at home with the plumber and we'll clean out the fridge that night as we're heading to Portland on Friday morning!


This past weekend was very busy, but wonderful in so many ways. Saturday was spent in Point Roberts at my friend Sam's annual fund-raiser/craft fair/ for the Point Roberts food bank. Over $2500 was raised and everyone went home happy. I was certainly happy as I won the silent auction for a beautiful little art quilt. I'm going to need some natural light to truly capture it's colour and texture as all of my flash-enabled photos are too yellow and flat to do it justice.

Sunday morning was breakfast with the lovely Mr. and Mrs. Knitbrarian, drop off of a recent FO at Three Bags Full,


a quick trip through a Farmer's Market/Craft Fair (if it was cheese or cheese-related, it came home with me) and then puppy pick-up. Not for me(!) for Mr. and Mrs. K. The puppy's a real cutie-pie and very sweet-natured. If you don't see the knitbrarian around for a bit you'll know why.

The Flame and I unwound that evening at a wonderful Advent tea hosted by the parents of a good friend. We're so honoured and lucky to share in their family tradition, it's always a highlight of our holiday season.

Project specs : Angel Pearls Scarf by Sivia Harding

Yarn : Rowan Kidsilk Haze Violetta (633), just 1 ball

Needles : 3.75 mm KP options

Started : sometime this fall
Finished : December 9, 2006

I did notice the slight heaviness of the KP options needle tips as compared to my other needles. The pointy, pointy tips did compensate for that as it made the decreases really easy even though I was using a dark, fuzzy yarn. I love the finished item and I definitely see more of these in my future. Especially since I already have yarn for at least 3 more in the stash.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow, sounds like you've been busy having fun!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Pretty! What's in Portland?

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know what risotto is but have never had it. Squash risotto sounds yummy!

8:09 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Sounds like you've been keeping busy with some great activities! The scarf looks wonderful.

8:48 PM  
Blogger lobstah said...

Mmm...squash risotto sounds so good! And that scarf is absolutely gorgeous!

5:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i tagged you!

7:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home