Monday, September 19, 2005

Details

The afghan is for the my dear friend Craig's mother and her new husband James. A lovelier pair of people you couldn't hope to meet. The pattern is from an old, old McCall's - threadbare and worn but if I ever dig through my vintage mags again, I'll offer it up to a reader. I believe that it can also be found in one of their slightly scary "what were they thinking" 80's Christmas compilations. The yarn is France's (and thus Canada's when we were still importing a lot of Pingouin - oh wait, I just dated the yarn and the project) answer to Encore - Le Yarn 3 - an 80/20 blend of acrylic and wool that should launder nicely.

I'm off to Knit & Pearl tonight where I will try not to start this :



No promises but I'll need to cast on 386 stitches so maybe that will stall me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

sad not to be at Knit & Pearl tonight! You could have said some more magic words over the pooling demon.
That scarf is gorgeous. Did you cast on those 386 stitches yet??

9:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE that shawl ;-0
vanessa

8:00 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

What shawl is that? Philosophers Wool?

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home