Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Blackberry yarn and backtack buttons


I admit that I am having a hard time picking fabric(s) for my backtack project. To help me along (or make it harder, I'm not sure yet) I went to my favourite button store, Button Button and found these great vintage buttons. I'd really like to find a soft alpaca felt or maybe a slightly tweedy or boucle type fabric to show these off. Instead, I had to settle for my skein of blackberry dyed yarn and a patch of sunlight at work.

I'm off to Seattle tomorrow night on the train to see Holly so I'll post when I can. To all of my friends going to Maryland Sheep and Wool have a wonderful time. I look forward to your reports in the coming week.

3 Comments:

Blogger Opal said...

Your yarn is gorgeous! I wouldn't call it just settling.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Blueberry dyed yarn...looks yummy!

10:38 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just want everybody to know that you are one of the most fantastic people in the world.

Thank you for the shawl. It left me speechless (and that is saying a lot).

love
lizzy

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home