Sunday, October 21, 2007

Odd(ball) October

It's been a wierd and crazy summer and fall. Things seem to be quieter now, I'm exercising regularly and maybe my schedule will calm down a bit as well.

Looking around the living room I decided that October is for knitting up oddballs. Hats are my perfect answer to oddball knitting. I love wearing them, they make wonderful presents and it's been darn cold outside recently!

I've knit 2 Odessa hats (one red, one grey) for a friend who liked the blue one I did last year. Sandnesgarn Smart, no beads, pretty boring, but just what Leeann wanted.



The wonderful Foliage hat from Knitty using 5mm needles and Rio de la Plata in Honey Mustard (this is the limiest honey mustard I have ever seen). This was so much fun to knit. I think I'll have to knit another one in a more subdued green for me.


One of Judy Gibson's Braid-Edged hats using Lopi from Custom Woolen Mills. The 5mm needles and bulky yarn make for a lovely, squishy hat. I hope the recipient likes it. I'm very tempted to knit another with slightly fewer stitches so that the hat sits just a little bit higher on my head.

The lovely photos are, of course, courtesy of Venus! Thank you sweetie!

Labels: , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Venus said...

Lookin' good lady! You forget to mention that you're also dealing with the oddball thing by giving them away... to me!

10:03 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Great hats Ang!

10:27 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

I like the hats! Very nice.

7:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely hats! Glad you're back to the blogging, I've missed you.

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely hats Angela! Good to see your smiling face! Annette.

11:13 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

You are the only person I know who looks great in any hat you choose to wear! They're all lovely. Great to see you!

12:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the hats! I would be hard pressed to decide which one I like better. I am glad things are settling down a bit.

2:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cute! I like the blue one with the braid.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Adorable! I love the Foliage hat. I think I must knit one of those as well. :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

Great hats! I'm with Mel, I haven't seen a hat you look bad in. I wish I could wear hats!

Looking forward to our November trip...

11:50 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

AH!! It warms my heart to see you...My Lovely ;)
And your new hats are the bees knees!!
Thanks for the post...I Miss You!!
So Very Glad to hear that Peace is Reigning in your World!!
Hugsxoxoxo

9:35 AM  
Blogger Jacqui said...

i just love the hats AND the melon shawl.

you will have to email me your info for PIF: my email is jacquichris AT gmail ... you know the rest!

i am pretty excited about it all. plus i get to make a new friend! :)

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home