Monday, May 21, 2007

Me-Me-Menus

The Flame's away this week and I'm eating my way through an odd assortment of leftovers and leftover ingredients.

My food for the week will involve :

a lot of carrots
roasted chicken
braised beef from mum (just need to find some rice noodles to go with this)
tortillas
3 slices of bacon (never did make that bacon/green onion corn bread to go with the chili)
ginger
green onions (see above)
tomatoes

Thankfully I am going for dinner with my parents on Tuesday and I have a BBQ to plan for Saturday.

Knitting? Ha! It's all stealth knitting at this point and I'm having stealthy gauge issues. Wait, I did finish some things.

Project specs : Kiera's bonnet, Dale Book No.142 pattern #8

Yarn : Dale Stork, Pastel Pink #8

Needles : Very, very old UK 13 Aeros (2.25mm)

Started : I bought the yarn when I went to Portland in December and I started the bonnet fairly soon thereafter.
Finished : May 13, 2007 (Just in time!)



This next project is an old UFO. I bought the yarn at Madrona last year and promptly cast on. The sock languished until I decided that they would look better on Lara's feet. Zoom, zoom, zoom. Mazda has nothing on socks knit with thicker yarn.

Project specs : Lara socks, standard top-down sock on 48 stitches

Yarn : Fancy Image Yarn, Spring Garden

Needles : 3.25mm Brittany Birch dpns

Started : February 2006
Finished : May 18, 2007

I don't think I could wear these socks inside of shoes but they would be wonderful around the house.

Labels: , , ,

10 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

What a cute little bonnet, and Lara's feet will be very happy. Your little niece is a sweetheart and your nephew grows more handsome by the day.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could totally wear those socks in or out of shoes!

12:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

green socks!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Yay! Socks for meeeeeee! Holy crap girl. I didn't realize how long those things have been on the needles.
May I be of assistance with the gauge issues? I suspect I am the cause.
Or is the other thing the cause? I'll be happier if it's not my fault.

9:31 PM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

The hat is just too cute! The socks are so cheerful too. :)

Jessica

8:43 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

lucky lara and baby!

6:33 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Uhh, is your stealth knitting a book? Or is it in support of someone else's? Curious knitters want to know!

2:46 PM  
Blogger annmarie said...

I've got a drawerful of socks that are too thick to wear with any of my shoes. I've been trying to concentrate my sock knitting lately on finer gauges and my shoe purchases on shoes that actually accommodate all these socks I've knitted! :)

3:55 PM  
Blogger Denise said...

I'm back! Just popping in to say hello!

Did you get your silk samples in the mail yet? If not they must have disappeared into the same customs area that the fleece samples ended up in that last time!

5:01 PM  
Blogger Venus said...

Angela said...

OK - that t-shirt is WAAAAY too cute.

I may have to copy you :)

6/07/2007 2:50 PM

Does that mean you also have lacy underwear that you'd like to cut up? LOL If you want tips let me know okay?

9:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home