Wednesday, January 18, 2006

Am I there yet?


Opinions please. I think I'm getting close to the end of Wool Peddler's and I'm ready to head into the home stretch. I've got 7 lace repeats done in this picture. The knitting needles demarcate the centre back and the start of the lace pattern. 2 more repeats? 3 more repeats? Even more?

When I get bored, I've been switching to Pebbles from Rowan #24 (looking blue-ish in the early twilight). I can't remember why I put this down but it sure is fun. One of the friendlier Kaffe Fassett patterns as it's fair-isle done on 5mm needles. No intarsia and I've modified it to be knit in the round instead of in pieces. I'm contemplating lining choices and I'm leaning towards a colourful silk - maybe jade green or that gorgeous purpley-grey that Rowan called Dragonfly.

8 Comments:

Blogger Melanie said...

WP looks great, and I'd say it's done. The proportions look very nice. You sure are churning out the FOs this year!

7:24 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh Angela, both are looking gorgeous! What a perfect red for the wool peddlers and the shifting colors in pebbles!

3:25 AM  
Anonymous Lo said...

Just my 2 cents on WP. I like the lace section bigger than the garter section so I say keep on repeating.

6:07 AM  
Blogger SDMC said...

Gosh! They both look great!

8:19 AM  
Blogger margene said...

Everything looks beautiful. Wool peddlers color is so rich and the way your blending the blues together is wonderful, too. Two very different processes. You do have some Olympic knitting to do;-)

11:19 AM  
Anonymous lizzy said...

Everything looks gorgeous. Makes me wish that I was knitting all your stuff.

1:50 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

love both projects, the pebble colors are wonderful :-) how long is wool peddler's already?

4:35 AM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

Two more.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home