Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Christmas delays

I admit the the whirl of Christmas parties is catching up to me and putting a crimp on the blog maintenance. I have been knitting throughout (except the Flame's work party which was deemed a no-knitting-zone - a first!) and completing some languishing projects.

First up, the Vintage Bubble Bag from Pursenalities. I hate to admit, but this has been sitting in a basket for months and only required about 5 minutes to decide that the handle was long enough, graft, stab and tie. I love the slouchy shape and the way the short handle keeps everything safely inside. The combination of Bartlettyarns (Peacock?) and Noro Kureyon (90?) felted beautifully.


Inspired and chastened by how quickly it came together, I dug out the Grover sweater. Grover is fuzzy and blue and a pain in the butt. It's a novelty yarn, and I ran out and could only find a non-matching dyelot to finish.


Be kind, and pretend that you do not see the stripes on the front. Also, both sleeves seem to be paler than the body, but only the sleeve caps. I could be frustrated, but I refuse to put anymore time into this cardigan, it is warm, and cuddly and I love the resin buttons.


The weekend of eating lots and staying up late was mitigated by a quiet Monday night of knitting and, uhhhh, eating lots. Dinner did not consist exclusively of gingerbread cookies and coffeecake, Karen (working here on Flora) and I did share a turkey/pesto/brie sandwich. The Knitbrarian was present but I didn't feel comfortable taking a picture of her secret knitting. It was inspirational and I'm very tempted to start a copy-cat project.


When my head finally caught up with my body Tuesday morning I was pleased to see a Donegal in class.


His wife had just finished it the night before. It's a very neat colourway - brighter and slightly more acid green with less blue in it than most that I have seen.

5 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I'm with mel - I do not see any stripes! Love the purseonalities bag!

9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stripes? I don't see no stinking stripes! And I don't see that the sleeve caps are lighter, either. I think it's a beautiful sweater!! Love the bag, too.

5:11 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

ditto kerry, i don 't see the stripes either. love love love the bag, was it stranded before the felting? maybe the photo of donegal will entice me into my second sleeve... what class are you in?

4:45 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

No stripes and love the buttons and the name Grover. Does it make you want to do the Grover voice from Sesame Street? Does the purse goes with the sweater? And where do you go to or teach class that you see such gorgeous handknits? wow.

2:47 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

1. How did I end up bringing knitting to the party?

2. Makes me want to start work on the Grover gloves!

3. When did you take that picture of me?

5:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home