Tuesday, May 09, 2006

MSW

Not Maryland Sheep and Wool, but Many Sheep in Washington.


Friday started with a beautiful view from the deck of Holly's house. What a great venue for spinning, knitting, a glass of wine, and enjoying the view. I was kindly taken on a yarn and yarn and bead store tour. I found some Trekking XXL, another contender for the list of Flame-approved yarns and some wonderful beads which have already become stitch markers with much gracious help from my hostess. An early bed-time was called for as the schedule called for leaving the house bright and early.


Well, it was definitely early, if not bright on Saturday morning. En-route to Whidbey to Anacortes we saw this baffling sign. It was truly early enough not to make sense to me. It still doesn't make sense. I can understand the crossing part, but the 1/4 mile part? So confused.


It was all worth it for the views from our destination and seeing the Booger again.


She'd kindly invited us up for the annual shearing of the island flock. How could I miss this?


I did get some knitting done this weekend but I'm not certain that any of it is picture worthy. Some more Conwy sock, I started the fronts of Digging and I started contemplating a really, really, big project. Knitting and stitch marker pictures tomorrow.

4 Comments:

Blogger vanessa said...

that sunrise photo is incredible!

5:06 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Sounds like a wonderfully fun day! Did you keep any of the fleece?

11:51 AM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Wish I could have gone with you. The pics are awesome!

4:33 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

What adorable sheepies! How I wish I could go on up and visit!

6:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home