Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Outed

Yes, I contemplated cria-napping, but only briefly, Very Briefly. I was stalled by the fact that it wouldn't fit into the sports car, something about alpacas being herd animals, the fact that they belong to very, very nice people, I'd need some acreage before I can have alpacas and I'm really not an illegal kind of a girl.

Mine for a half-second

Oh, and if you're skirting fleeces before you send them off to the processor, make sure you hide the bag of skirtings, really, really well. Otherwise you face the embarassing prospect of telling the announcer that it's not a Nice Fleece that someone has lost in a garbage can, it's, well, mostly the back end of a fleece or three.

One of the good ones

I haven't forgotten Grandmere as a project. I did manage to make it to the island without buttons and when I got home, I couldn't find them in the house either. I made the ultimate sacrifice and went down to Button, Button and bought some more. Amazingly enough, I did not leave the store with any extra sets of buttons. Pictures tomorrow if I get the band knit and the buttons sewn on.

3 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

OOOh OOh, get it done. I want to see it. You guys have been tantalizing us long enough!!!

7:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, one of these days I will see your blog linked to my site. I guess that it is time to submit a ticket to Typepad. Grrrrrrr. Love the fleece...love the crimp and man, would I love to have one of those critters if I ever get to be a cowboy.

11:11 AM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Oooooh, that's looking just like the last fleece I bought -- yum! Who'd you send to for processing?

1:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home