Monday, October 31, 2005

Socktoberfest

I finished my socks in time. This may not generally be an amazing fact unless you consider that I have not finished a pair of socks in nearly 2.5 years. Jen did a wonderful thing by taking on my languishing half-knit socks.

I started these right before the Las Vegas trip, took them with me to Vegas as my travel knitting (the sock saw some great action at the craps and poker tables) and just kept knitting on them when I got back. I've now decided that they are the perfect knitting for my purse. I know that's not a revelation for most sock-knitters out there, but I've been sock-shy for a while.



Sock specs :
Amble pattern from the Six Sox Along on Yahoogroups.
Apple Butter yarn from Apple Laine, a wonderful blend of wool, mohair and nylon.
2.25 mm needles
A tubular cast-on at the top is my only modification to a very clear pattern.

Surprised by my ability to finish a pair of socks, and Vanessa's gorgeous version, I've started a pair of Conwy socks out of some Socka from the large sock-yarn stash. Somewhat curiously, the lack of finished, knitted socks did not prevent me from buying more sock yarn.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jessica said...

Your socks look beautiful. I'm finishing Amble right now. I've got half a sock in my lap as I type.

1:26 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

They are so pretty!! I was inspired by Vanessa's socks too and bought the book.

7:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooooooooooooooo. Those turned out quite lovely! Going to have to check out that sixsoxalong.

6:23 AM  
Blogger Bella said...

The funny thing is Ang... you convinced me years ago of how purse-friendly knitting a pair of socks is. I guess you unknowingly also passed along all other traits, as I bought enough yarn for two pairs, and have finished the toe of one sock thus far.

Maybe I should bring the toe-bit over to visit your finished socks to see if it finds inspiration there. :D

-B.

11:19 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

The conwy socks are great, I finished mine in the early summer, it's a fun pattern. I modified the toe, though, I like my plain old grafted toe.

5:23 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

love the sox, love the color :-)

5:11 AM  
Blogger Debi said...

Your socks are lovely, you should knit LOTS!! :)

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home