Sunday, May 14, 2006

Avoidance Knitting

I've come down with a bad case of Startitis as I avoid laying-out the class handout for the introductory lace class that I'm teaching on Thursday. Instead of a lovely hand-out I've produced

1) a swatch for the border of Sharon Miller's Princess Shawl using Infinity, a very yellow soy silk, on 2.25mm needles. I think I need to drop a needle size and over-dye the yarn. I'm going to order some super-fine merino (2/48 weight) and give that a try as well.


2) re-wound some seasilk for Megan


3) swatched (OK, so I just started the back) the cardigan from the cover of last summer's Adrienne Vittadini pattern book. I'm going to have to try and find one of those Japanese 4.8mm needles, or maybe swatch on bamboo 5mms


For this coming week I'm going to try and finish the Digging cardigan and 1 Conwy sock (my next wip wipeout project). Focus.

4 Comments:

Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Princess? Geez you are brave.

I have never bought a Vittadini book but I always think the sweaters in her ads are lovely.

5:37 AM  
Blogger Angela said...

I think the word you are looking for is CRAZY ;)

9:56 AM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

After the snickering subsided, I thought I 'd tell you how pretty the shawl swatch is. It's so much prettier when someone else is making it.

5:19 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

What a beautiful lacey border that is.

8:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home