Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Evergreen in Autumn

I don't know if I'll be able to get any in-use shots (edited - fancy pics here) before she goes in the mail tomorrow but Jolene's Evergreen Shawl came out beautifully.


Project specs : Evergreen Shawl from Handknit Holidays

Yarn : Fleece Artist Blue-faced Leicester 2/8, Mahogany (I think)

Needles : 3.75 addis and knitpicks interchangeables

Started : late September or early October
Finished : October 31, 2006

The instructions are slightly confusing for the points with regards to the edging. I e-mailed Jolene and she got back to me so quickly (and so nicely). Basically, you attach as normal for rows 11 and 12 once, and then work rows 11 and 12 again without attaching to the shawl. Continue as normal until you get to the next point (do not do this at the bottom).

BTW, The Flame is an excellent blocking assistant.

7 Comments:

Blogger claudia said...

Very pretty pattern, and lovely color.

6:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! They should use your picture for the book. I wasn't tempted to make this one until now.

8:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope you weren't up too late, miss! it looks gorgeous!

8:46 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Wow.

10:46 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Lovely! Do you have lots of blocking space in the new house?

12:11 PM  
Blogger Angela said...

Ummm, yes and no.

I don't think I'll have a LOT more once all of our furniture is moved over.

Right now, I have TONS because both the living and dining room are empty.

Shawl blocking party anybody?

12:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It looks fantastic! you did a great job!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home