Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Muddy Monday

Well, Monday was pretty much a bust on the blogging front.

I came home to the house and heard that ominous rushing sound of water and my front lawn looked like a bog.

The Flame came home, we called the plumber and started digging.

Digging didn't get very far as the holes filled in so quickly with water it was impossible to 'avoid the pipe'.

The plumber couldn't get a hold of me (try the cell. phone!) yesterday so didn't show up and I am home waiting yet again today. I guess that should make the rest of the week pretty easy food-wise.

Monday - leftovers
Tuesday - ate out
Wednesday - soup with excellent flatbread/crackers
Thursday - I'm thinking butternut squash risotto with pancetta and sage
Friday - lambchops with baby new potatoes, greens.
Saturday or Sunday - portobello mushroom fajitas one day, Chinese take-out the other.

The camera cable is once again AWOL so I can't show you any of the lovely hats and scarves I've finished recently. I guess some tidying is in order.

4 Comments:

Blogger Joanne said...

Sorry to hear about the flood...at least you're getting some knitting and cooking time in? I was trapped at home yesterday for the dishwasher repair guy, but luckily, it was a quick fix. I wish you good luck and low costs with the repairs!

10:16 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

omg, is this a pipe at the new house?

12:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll be sending extra good plumbing thoughts your way today!
Waiting for the plumber can be so frustrating. We had a plumbing emergency last year and had two different companies in a row schedule us and then not show up without even a phone call or anything (company 3 was the charm fortunately). The second one didn't even answer when we tried to see what was going on! So frustrating!

7:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No swaps for me! I hope the plumber gets there today. Let us know how the butternut squash conncoction turns out, it sounds yummy.

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home