Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Raspberry Hyrna

I just can't get enough of knitting this shawl. My grey Hyrna has gone to live with Emily the knittingchemist and I hope they have a lovely time together.

A while back, I was bouncing around the idea of trying this pattern out in a yarn heavier than the recommended lace-weight. The announcement came that my work had decided to do an in-house auction this year to raise money for the United Way and somewhere between the two I lost my mind and decided to knit a Raspberry Hyrna with beads. I'm really happy with the size and will definitely be doing another one at some point for myself.



Project stats :

Hyrna Hergobar from Three-Cornered and Long Shawls
Just over 125 grams of Elann's baby silk in raspberry heather (I went into the 6th ball 2/3rds of the way through the crochet bind-off)
4.5mm addi needles and about 130 5/0 triangle beads.

I'm making some progress on the Conwy socks but it's slow going as most of my private knitting time has been taken up by (shhh) holiday knitting for someone slightly taller than 5'2".

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was supposed to win the gray one!! Pooh.

The raspberry one is lovely, too. So you prefer a little bit heavier yarn? Where did the beads go? SOMEDAY I'm going to make one of these.

5:20 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

That's very pretty. Did you like the yarn? I have about 15 balls to make a lacey Martin Storey sweater.

5:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous!

8:53 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

oh, it's beautiful!

10:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, yummy and so intricate. The color is very jazzy, Miss Thang and the person who bids LOTS of money for it will have a long and happy life showing it off.

All of you prolific sock knitters are making me feel like a big dummy...time to sit and practice picking up the gusset stitches with the dogs locked up. :o)

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home