Friday, January 27, 2006

Colour therapy

I'm breaking out the frog green as it's still raining in the PNWet. Pictured is Jaywalker #1 with toe chimney a la Lucy Neatby awaiting toe grafting. I did cast on promptly for the second one, but I don't think I'm going to suffer from Second Sock Syndrome on this pair.


Dusting off the spinning wheel, I re-discovered some yarn and roving that I had played with back in October and decided to get it finished up this weekend. It'll be interesting to see if I can duplicate the first skein as it's been a couple of whorl changes, fibre changes and tension adjustments since I started.


I'm off to City Hall so think a good thought.
(Also I think memes just wierd me out, no more please).

8 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

OMG, I love the froggie! And this is the perfect weather for frogs :-) Just so it's not the knittin' we're froggin'. Nice sock, btw. OK, do you have any idea who that roving is from? It's gorgeous!

12:35 PM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Angela I just love the yarn and roving! It is so pretty. The jaywalker is too cool. I started one but it was too tight I had to rip. someday I'll go back to it.

12:57 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

angela, that yarn is gorgeous!!!!!

1:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

the frog boots! love them. your jaywalker suits them so well!
i ripped out my training sock and started over. . . .

2:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the frog boots. We almost need them here in Ottawa with all the rain in the forecast. I've picked out a prezzie for you but it may take up to a week and a half to get to you. Hopefully not that long. Also, I hope that it won't be too distracting for all of your UFOs that you want to get done before the Knitting Olympics. Also, your yarn that you're spinning is SO beautiful!

9:18 AM  
Blogger Sam said...

Must...have...frog...boots...

Oh, and could you please 'splain the toe chimney? I don't have any Lucy Neatby sock patterns, and am woefully ignorant. :-)

Sam

11:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The roving is gorgeous ! Where did it come from?

6:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is the most beautiful roving I have ever seen. Your yarn is SO impressive! Where did you find that roving? I love it!

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home