Sunday, March 26, 2006

Latticework and basketry

If only it woodworking and basketry were really this easy. I finally blocked the Lacy Lattice Stole from Fiddlesticks. Dorothy Siemens is not kidding when she tells you to block it severely widthwise. Even though I blocked it very severely, it is still trying to grow lengthwise. That's OK as I will probably wear it more as a scarf than a stole.


Project specs : Lacy Lattice Stole by Fiddlesticks Knitting

Original yarn : Filatura di Crosa "Baby Kid Extra"
My yarn : Helen Hamann alpaca (very old, no yardage given)

Needles : 3.5mm addis

Started : sometime last year, set aside and picked up Feb 26/2006.
Finished : March 24, 2006


Completely different - so fast, so bulky - a moebius basket. Bob the spokesbear models.

Project specs : Moebius Basket from A Second Treasury of Magical Knitting

Original Yarn : Manos del Uruguay
Basket Yarn : Rio de la Plata, Faded Burgundy

Original Needles : 8mm
Basket Needles : 9mm addis & 8mm double points

Started : March 8, 2006
Finished : March 25, 2006

This is a really quick knit and sat around waiting for me to felt it. I was fortunate as the Rio de la Plata felts like a dream. One short wash and I have a lovely, dense fabric.



I've finally started my Diamond Fantasy Shawl for the DFS KAL, and must start my socks for Sockapaloooza. Pictures and pattern decisions soon.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your Lacy Lattice Stole is so beautiful! You did such a great job with it! And I love the basket as well - seems Teddy does so too! :)

2:49 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

The basket looks so cute with the bear. He's ready for the teddy bears' picnic now.

4:59 AM  
Blogger Kim Werker said...

The stole is gorgeous, and I love the colour of the Rio yarn!

12:25 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

I've been wanting (and stashing) to make one of those moebius baskets. Charming!

12:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home