Friday, March 03, 2006

Undecided.


I finished this up at the beginning of February but hadn't written it up yet. This was nearly completed except for knitting 1 tie and crocheting around the neck. As you can tell from my pose, I'm not really sure if I like it or not.

Project specs : Wrap Cardigan from Rebecca #29

Original yarn : GGH Soft Kid
My Yarn : Alpaca from the Magic Stash Box, overdyed.
Needles : 4.5mm addis

Changes : I picked up and knit the ties directly onto the front (decreasing as necessary in the first row to achieve the correct stitch count). I crocheted around all edges, including the neck, instead of picking up and binding off.

I'm going to let this marinate for a while in the closet before I make a final decision. It might be much cuter on my sister.

9 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh I think it looks really cute on you! It looks really luciously soft too!

3:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree that it's very nice. Although, I do think that it's cute that you are thinking that it may be better on your sister. :) Glad to know that I'm not the only one who does that.

7:40 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

You should decide it's a good thing. The more I look at this sweater, the more I think " What a great garment for jeans or office wear." And it does look soft.

9:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should keep it since it looks terrific on you. Of course, I don't know your sister... ;-)
Seriously, you made it and look great in it so what's to think about? take care ~d

4:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this wrap cardigan is absolutely amazing, you should keep it for sure! It seems so elegant, and yet would be a perfect addition to jeans or something else that's comfy to wear as it would give it just the perfect hint of elegance! Great work indeed!
Best wishes from Austria!

2:21 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

I could never wear something like that, dear, but it looks lovely on you.

5:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think it's beautiful and would go fabulous with little strappy summer dresses. I find that wraps like that look odd on me with pants because it becomes dubious where my waistline is exactly...

3:16 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

It looks great! However, I think you have decide whether it is your style or not. I have some things like this--and I never end up wearing them. They just aren't me!

11:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the way it looks. But only you can decide if you really really like it. :) If you feel uncomfortable wearing it, you won't look good in it because you won't wear it with confidence. I always wish I had the confidence of, say, Paris Hilton. She can wear the most horrendous clothes and thinks she looks good, so then other people think she looks great, as well. *sigh*

9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home