Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A sigh of relief.

I can't believe it's been over a month since I've finished a project.


Flirty Ruffles still needs to be blocked and that will probably be a weekend project.

Project specs : Flirty Ruffles Shawl by Fiddlesticks Knitting

Yarn : Jaggerspun Zephyr in Black

Needles : 3.25mm addis

Started : sometime during summer 2005, abandoned until about mid-June 2006
Finished : August 1, 2006

The body of the shawl became fairly meditative, but the ruffle was a killer. Definitely good travel knitting as it went on, and on, and on. In retrospect, I should have tried a couple of different increase methods for the ruffle. I picked up and twisted the yarn on either side of the center stitch which made for very tidy increases but slow-going.

12 Comments:

Blogger Martha said...

Boy, that's a pretty shawl. Now I want one, too :(

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!! Nice job!

How many stitches does the ruffle have?
(hehehe)

I'm probably happier not knowing.

1:21 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

That's a big project! Congrats!

1:32 PM  
Blogger Jessica said...

Fabulous. Congratulations.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

gorgeous!

9:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that ruffle was torture to knit, but to an onlooker it was so worth it! Very, very pretty!

4:48 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

I still want to knit that shawl, but not that ruffle. I will ponder it until I come up with an alternative... It's very beautiful!

5:11 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

FR came out really gorgeous in black. Congratulations on finishing the ruffles. You've inspired me to start my own Flirty Ruffles! I'm just torn between what colour to do mine in.

12:38 PM  
Blogger June said...

You know, Angela, I think you and I started this about the same time! Mine is still languishing in a basket somewhere. Congradulations! It looks wonderful!

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Stunning! Isn't it nice how looking at your beautiful creation makes you (almost) instantly forget how tortuous it was to make? I really admire your perseverance, and envy your FR...

10:38 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Beautiful! And in black, no less. I just love this pattern, I'm putting it on the "must make" list.

7:02 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

That shawl is really beautiful! :)

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home