Thursday, January 18, 2007

Small successes and a teeny setback.

I've been battling that nasty virus that seems to be lurking around 'most everywhere these days. It's made me pretty grateful for the little things (and some Big Things too, scroll down for the MSF/KWB total).

The Flame's pretty handy in the kitchen even if he insists in making (Spinach) Pie are Squared.


I finished the Flame's first ever pair of hand-knit socks. There are some fit issues to fine-tune but we're both quite pleased. The Flame is pleased with his warm toes, and I am pleased that I did not get bored with knitting men's size 13 socks. They are about twice as long as my little size 6s.


I spun up the first bobbin of Tamarillo for the mind-reading, awesome-cookbook picking Knitbrarian.



I unmasked my Secret Pal! She has designed the most beautiful pair of socks and inspired me to go dye some sock yarn so I can test-knit these babies.

I'm practising Doing this month. Unfortunately, that meant that following the pattern for the Suri Raku was a mistake on my part. For whatever reason, the swatch god(s) decided that while I should use the specified needle size for the squares, and achieve a satisfactory result. I was not meant to use the smaller (yet still specified) needle size for joining the squares. Nor was I to use the next size up. Apparently, I was just supposed to continue with the same needle size. Huh.

Off to the dye-pot.

Labels: , , , ,

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful spinning and equally awesome socks! Size 13?! I thought I had it bad with size 11 men's feet to knit for. You deserve a medal! ;)

S2K Secret Pal

5:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet louise that is some gorgeous spinning! that spinach pie looks fantastic too....you are so multi talented. xoxo

6:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mmmmmm. The spinach pie looks delicious! And I know what you mean about the socks. My husband wears a size 13 too and likes them ribbed all the way up. Yawn.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Venus said...

Those socks look great. And men's size 13? What a feat! (Or would that be.... Feet? *lol*) I am just finished knitting Ian his first hand-knit pair too! Also, must. have. recipe. for spinachpiearesquared! Have fun at the dye-pot.

9:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, size 13 is some endurance knitting!
Hope you're feeling better soon, that darn virus making the rounds is a nasty one.

7:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Waah, spinach pie looks so tasty and I can't lick the monitor! Will you pretty please share a recipe for it?

4:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home