Tuesday, January 02, 2007

A new year, and a new project.

No big resolutions from me this year, but there might be some quiet little changes and new things to learn.

Looking back at last year I finished two adult sweaters, 2 baby sweaters, 4 hats, 3 scarves, 2 pairs of handwarmers, a pair of gloves, 6 pairs of socks (Hey - I'd taken a 2 year break from socks, that's not bad at all), 7 shawls and a felted basket :).

Taking that into account.

I'd like to get some of my UFO's finished this coming year.
I'd like to figure out how to store my stash in 1 house (as opposed to 2).
I'd like to start running earlier in the season so I can play Ultimate with more confidence this summer.
I'd like to keep knitting socks (I just started a pair for the Flame) and maybe knit more usable garments as opposed to shawls. This is ironic considering my major project for 2007.

I have started knitting the Princess shawl. I'll be reading the Princess Diaries with renewed interest for encouragement and moral support.

I'd like to have one place in the house that the Flame and I can agree on for digital cameras, digital camera cables, rechargeable batteries and battery chargers.
'nuff said.

And finally, my wierd things for Vanessa.

1. I have a bear named Bob that travels with me when I go out of town. He is a good dancer and model.

2. Off-kilter picture frames, light switches, etc. drive me crazy. I hate them. I can't walk down the hall without fixing them.

3. I don't like most chocolate. In fact, I really only like dark chocolate with nuts or orange peel or ginger.

4. I never want a full cup of coffee. I want a sip or two of espresso only. Good thing I have trained 'the boys' to give me sips of their coffee in the morning.

5. I consider myself to be shy.

6. I'm a fairly good renovator and I LOVE hardware stores.

Sorry, no wierd bodily abilities.

I don't know who to tag, I think everyone's played by now. Maybe Tina?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year! How've you been?
Glad to see you're posting again.
I was beginning to get worried.
Did you get the e-card I sent you?

XO - YSP

10:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'd like to retract calling you crazy for knitting a shawl out of thread...
now say "Go Ang!" [waves pennant knitted out of handspun]
only 600,000 more stitches to go :D

I just started to accept #1, and now you tell me he's a good dancer...
#4. Is not wierd, or maybe I am too. Same goes for beer or wine or french fries.

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great resolutions! Best of luck with them. Can't wait to see your shawl progress too. :)

Spin to Knit SP

8:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home