Saturday, March 31, 2007

Cherries at Dusk


This may be my new favourite yarn.

Fiber details : 'Dusk' batt, Romney and Corriedale blend

Vendor : Dark Horse Farm(?) at Oregon Flock and Fiber Festival 2006

Notes : I spun this about 12 tpi and plied it at about 8 tpi. It has a lot of bounce from the Corriedale and came off the niddy noddy with just about the right amount of twist in the skein. This should end up as a nicely balanced yarn once it is dry. I wish I had enough for a sweater but this was the last bag in the booth. Time to hunt-up some contact information.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger lobstah said...

Ooh, that did come out beautifully! I love the tweedy/heathery look of it. Hope you can find more, it would certainly make a gorgeous sweater.

4:29 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Oooooooh! It looks delectable. :)

10:30 PM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Lovely stuff! I hope you can find something compatible with it. Sometimes the "odd bits" of handspun remain as skeins in my house because they are too beautiful to mess up with other, lesser skeins...

Thanks for your holiday wishes on my blog. I really appreciate it. I seem to have lost everyone's email addys, so I'm doing the comment thing instead, but what I meant to say is that all of your good wishes must be strong stuff. I feel calmer about things than I did last week!

7:43 AM  
Blogger vanessa said...

beeeuuutiful!!

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home