Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Sitting and Knitting and Winding

There was a lot of sitting in the car and knitting last weekend. Vancouver - Grand Forks - Trail - Grandforks - Vancouver, Vancouver - Seattle - Vancouver looks like this.

A Little Sit-ster from The Natural Knitter for Tricia.


Joanne's new hat design using Jessica's hand-spun. The details are blurry but this photo does capture the transition from dark purple at the crown to purpley-blue at the brim. It's a very subtle change and I love the way it looks.


No pictures yet, but Flame Socks v.2 are finished and I made some good progress on the Garden Path Shawl.

The trip to Seattle was for the first fair-isle
winding party. I still have 24 skeins to split up and wind (25 bobbins/skein) and I think Denise's present will come in handy. Surely I will be able to achieve a sense of Zen as I meditatively wind yarn and contemplate my potato.

Labels: , , , , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

How cool! I'm so jealous. I wish I lived closer!

7:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So what are you going to make with all of your little Fair Isle bobbins?

The potato will be fascinating to watch.

Cute little bunny! and the hat turned out great!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Zarzuela said...

Ok first, I am *totally* blown away with the fact that you made such a cool hat with something *I* spun! Wow! Maybe I should think about knitting with this stuff I keep making? LOL! That makes me so happy!

The winding party looks like serious work AND serious fun. What are you all making?

The potato is just too funny. Great gift!

Jessica

6:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wish i had known you were in town! happy belated birthdya.

8:46 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Hey! Now I know why you were blocking the hat. (doh!) I just couldn't figure out what you'd knit the hat with that needed blocking 'cause I designed it with a cotton blend yarn. I'm thrilled at how yours came out--it looks super!

I just bought my seed potatoes at the grocery store. (yes, in KY that's where you buy your garden needs..) I won't get to see the bonsai, since they are going into the ground...so I'll have to enjoy yours.

8:59 AM  
Blogger Venus said...

Bonsai Potato huh? Nice. If it were mine I would think...Be Zen. Become one with the potato. BE the potato.

7:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home