Thursday, April 26, 2007

Knock, Knock

Who's There?

Justin.

Justin who?

Just in the neighbourhood and thought I'd say Hello.

What have I been up to? The tiniest bit of knitting, spinning and cooking is happening.

There was an Easter egg hunt.


The Easter bunny brought me a lovely cold. That cold looks pretty cute when it's 10,000 times bigger than life and fuzzy. When you've got 10,000 of the bugs and they are itty bitty and causing you to sneeze incessantly, it's not very cute.


There's been A Lot of work. Here's my skein of Blue-Faced Leicester dyed by my wonderful friend Kerry enjoying the view from my temporary office.


I've also been doing a lot of cutting and winding. Work to finish what was started in March.


Here we are at the finish with our bags of bobbins waiting for us. Many thanks to Leah and Gail B. (sadly blogless) for organizing and their many, many hours of work.


How have I been staying fueled and sane throughout this? Well, I've got my little ceramic friends acting as representative scale and lots of delicious Pink and Green (Hello Project Spectrum) growing in my garden.


It's truly delicious when combined with these. Once I perfect my strawberry-rhubarb crisp recipe, I will post it.

11 Comments:

Blogger Romi said...

Wow! What a feast for the eyes! I hope you are feeling better!

5:40 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

yeah! an angela post!
sorry to hear you were sick, sweetie!
you bfl skein is gorgeous as usual :-)

3:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmmm,,,can't wait for the recipe. it was great to see you on sunday!

8:23 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm sadly allergic to rhubarb. I love strawberries, so this makes me sad!

Sorry to ask a dumb question, but are you a rep. for Jamieson or Jamieson and Smith? Otherwise, that bobbin stuff looks like a ton of work! Pls. explain...

9:05 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Oooh, the BFL skein is really nice. That's the cutest bug I've ever seen, although I'm sorry to hear that he and his family made you ill. I hope you're feeling much better now.

It looks like making all those bobbins was a horrendous amount of work.

See you soon?

10:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who's there? Um. It's me...the idiot who's lost your address again.
(Stupid hard drive.)

2:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Icky colds are no fun. Sorry to hear you're sick.

Love how the BFL turned out, if I do say so myself! The stuff I kept for myself? Uh, not so great.

7:51 PM  
Blogger jenknits said...

MMmmmm, we bought our first rhubarb plant to put in the ground this year. I hope you feel better soon!

10:37 AM  
Blogger Naomi said...

The yarn looks lovely!

The photos of the food make my mouth water! I, too, am always hungry!

Enjoy your bobbins!

6:32 AM  
Blogger June said...

Hope you are feeling better, Angela! We just had strawberry shortcake, I think the strawberry rhubarb sound like it must be next! I forget, did you make cobbler or pie??

5:37 PM  
Blogger girls just want to have spun! said...

yum, i've had strawberry-rhubarb pie, but a crisp sounds sinful.

5:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home