Monday, August 08, 2005

What a weekend.

The Flame and I pitched and burned (well, tidied) up a bit before heading out Saturday afternoon to North Vancouver and 32 Books to hear The Yarn Harlot read. She really is as funny, witty and nice as she seems in her bookbookbook. I think even the few non-knitters in the audience enjoyed themselves, Monkey certainly did. Stephanie had accepted my invitation to dinner and stash-dive and I fell happily asleep to dreams of stash with the occasional 'arse' as my soundtrack.

Sunday saw the arrival of this while I was out at tea with some of my girlfriends. I foresee the loss of some knitting time as I indulge in some hand-eye-twitch response.



It was good company on the car ride as we headed out to East Vancouver to see The Flame's grandparents so that we could wish Grandpa Ivan a Happy Birthday, and give Grandma Ella Grandmere. I'll post the mods to the pattern but I was really pleased with the fit.



After a brief visit, it was on to Coquitlam to celebrate Aunt Linn's birthday. She's really The Flame's Aunt, but the two of us get along like a house on fire as she's a very accomplished knitter and embroiderer. She showed me a gorgeous layette book from Bouton D'Or which I will have to keep an eye out for as I haven't noticed them before in Vancouver. She really enjoyed her gift - a ball of teal Frog Tree alpaca, some triangular teal/gold beads and the pattern to make this. Hope you're all having a good Monday!

8 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Oh Angela Grandmere fits perfectly!! You must feel great!

5:45 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Hm, an aunt showing you a layette book? Did you read her loud and clear??? heehee

5:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's pink!

And Grandmere looks lovely.

10:24 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

Grandmere fits swell! I bet she absolutely loved it! I just got the pattern for Sivia's scarf at my LYS. I was supposed to be stocking but we all know I was shopping :-) Should we do a knit a long?

Ahem - do you need layette patterns? My LYS stocks Bouton d'Or, I amhappy to pick up some issues for you. They are all so adorable!

What IS that pink thing - for those of us technologically impaired?

6:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

She looks like the happiest and proudest grandma ever!! It's easy to see how much she loves that sweater - and you!

What's all this talk about babies and layettes? Do you have a secret to tell???
Kerry

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

angela, what fun to have the harlot all to yourself! and grandmere is lovely on grandmere :-)

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not anonymous, the last comment was from me, vanessa ;-)

8:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Angellllllllaaaaaaaaaaaa...what a sweet thing for you to do, this perfect sweater for your adopted grandma. She is going to wear it and wear it constantly and know that it was made with love. She is very lucky that her grandson found you!

7:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home