Friday, February 03, 2006

Back to Normal

The Flame is home, Chinese New Year's has been appropriately celebrated, and Dine Out Vancouver has been enjoyed with gusto. My favourite picture from all the festivities is of my Sister-in-Law and my nephew Ben, on New Year's Day. Belgian waffles are definitely a family favourite.


It's been fun, but it's SO nice to settle back into a routine. In the teeny bits and bobs of free time over the past week I finished spinning up the Corriedale from Homespun Haven, Sharon doesn't have a website, but feel free to e-mail her. I'm always fascinated by hand-dyed rovings and the resulting yarn. This has been no exception. The skein on the bottom was spun with more attention to grist and plied back upon itself. The upper 2 skeins were my attempt at spinning an even thicker yarn (not as easy for me, hence the uneven bits) and plied from 2 separate bobbins.


I'm SO close to being finished with the Jaywalkers. In a rare fit of brilliance, I've waited to graft the toes so that I can compare Neatby's Toe Chimney graft with my standard graft. I promise to share the results.

6 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

What's the yardage on the thinner skein? I used just a skoosh over 1 skein of koigu for my gloves. Maybe about 200 yards?

Cute nephew! Happy Chinese New Year!

11:34 AM  
Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Gosh Angela really pretty

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

YUMMYYYYYYYYY
Happy New Year for you and The Flame. :o)

12:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! It's gorgeous, Angela. :)

2:17 PM  
Blogger Vicki said...

The differences in how the colors show up in the skeins is so interesting. The bottom one looks like it could have been spun from a completely different roving. Fascinating, indeed!

5:32 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Very nice! I love rovings with wild varieties of colors so you end up with a rainbow.

5:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home