Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Bleahs.

I've been a bit distracted from the blog for the last little bit due to some sad news. My apologies if you've been waiting on an e-mail from me.

I found the perfect respite in Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy scarf. This pattern has been the perfect companion as I sit quietly and knit, tidying my psychic house. Engrossing enough to keep my attention, sufficiently rhythmic to be soothing and hypnotic. This was such a quick knit I didn't even manage to get the KAL button up in the side bar. Pictures when I get home.

I'm hoping that this small gift can be a token of my thoughts and caring to my friend.

8 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I'm sending you big hugs and white light, that you may have the strength to deal with whatever is giving you the blahs. And I am sure your friend will know that the DFS is intended as a big hug.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is truly satisfying to knit something for a friend in need, knowing that you are putting a bit of you in it as well. can't wait to see pictures.

12:47 PM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Handknits always make people feel better. I'm sure it's beautiful.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It makes your world go off tilt a bit, doesn't it? DFS is a beautiful gift for your friend.

5:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sending much good energy your way. i hope things are okay. your gift will be more than a token, it will be a part of you that will wrap your friend right up in your thoughts and caring.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Angela, I'm sorry for your sad news. I hope everything works out okay. I'm thinking of you.
take care,
Denise

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry about the sad news. I just knit a thinking scarf for a friend, too. I was struck by how focused I was on making that scarf--so meditative and absorbing.

I hope your friend is OK.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm glad you got a chance to knit love into your stitches. Sometimes all that thinking, that energy, can help us out of the worst of times. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be.

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home