Thursday, March 30, 2006

The Bleahs.

I've been a bit distracted from the blog for the last little bit due to some sad news. My apologies if you've been waiting on an e-mail from me.

I found the perfect respite in Sivia Harding's Diamond Fantasy scarf. This pattern has been the perfect companion as I sit quietly and knit, tidying my psychic house. Engrossing enough to keep my attention, sufficiently rhythmic to be soothing and hypnotic. This was such a quick knit I didn't even manage to get the KAL button up in the side bar. Pictures when I get home.

I'm hoping that this small gift can be a token of my thoughts and caring to my friend.

10 Comments:

Blogger jenknits said...

I'm sending you big hugs and white light, that you may have the strength to deal with whatever is giving you the blahs. And I am sure your friend will know that the DFS is intended as a big hug.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous marti said...

it is truly satisfying to knit something for a friend in need, knowing that you are putting a bit of you in it as well. can't wait to see pictures.

12:47 PM  
Blogger CarolineF said...

Handknits always make people feel better. I'm sure it's beautiful.

5:20 AM  
Anonymous Kerry said...

It makes your world go off tilt a bit, doesn't it? DFS is a beautiful gift for your friend.

5:33 AM  
Blogger Melanie said...

Wishing you peace, and strength to deal with trying times. May the DF scarf be as comforting to the recipient as it has been to you while knitting it.

7:56 AM  
Anonymous megan said...

sending much good energy your way. i hope things are okay. your gift will be more than a token, it will be a part of you that will wrap your friend right up in your thoughts and caring.

8:22 AM  
Anonymous Denise said...

Angela, I'm sorry for your sad news. I hope everything works out okay. I'm thinking of you.
take care,
Denise

9:59 PM  
Anonymous Ann said...

So sorry about the sad news. I just knit a thinking scarf for a friend, too. I was struck by how focused I was on making that scarf--so meditative and absorbing.

I hope your friend is OK.

5:08 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

I'm glad you got a chance to knit love into your stitches. Sometimes all that thinking, that energy, can help us out of the worst of times. I hope things work out for the best, whatever that may be.

4:49 PM  
Blogger SDMC said...

I'm sorry you've had sad news. Please take care of yourself.

11:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home