Friday, February 16, 2007

In the pinks

Poor rabbit, here is Flopsy modelling a larger baby hat.


Project specs : Baby hat from One Skein by Leigh Radford

Yarn : All Seasons Cotton

Needles : 4.5 mm addis and 4.25 mm Crystal Palace dpns

Started : February 13, 2006
Finished : February 15, 2006

A quick and easy hat that looks great. I didn't start with a full skein of the ASC so I had to eliminate some of the plain rounds between the decrease rounds at the top. It made the top of the hat a bit bunchier than in the original but I'm fairly pleased as I didn't have to rip and re-knit and I had exactly this |------| much yarn left.


Next up, my Spin to Knit Swap package came a while back and I've been a bad blogger :( Many thanks to Jessica for her beautiful skein of burgundy wool (fibre from Rheinbeck, almost as good as going myself), my new blue Chibi (who would have believed that I didn't have a blue Chibi?) and Chocolate. Mmmmmmm.

This skein is so soft and lustrous. It is gorgeous and deserves a better photo. I think I'll knit it into a lace scarf. Hopefully I can get a start on that this weekend.

Yes Melanie, that is my mum in Truly :) Galway Highland Heather in that gorgeous Ruby colour. I should have made the sleeves a bit shorter for her though.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Denise said...

hmmm, I don't know that there's a better combination than new handspun yarn and chocolate (and dark chocolate with orange at that - my favorite!).

oh, wait, ignore this comment. This person is not surfing the internet she is actually out photographing the magic stash box yarn for Angela like she promised...

7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yay you got the package! I was starting to fear that it got lost in the mail. Hope you enjoy it. :) I should have the final one out to you this weekend.

Jessica

10:39 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

What could be better than yarn and chocolate all in one place?!

10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home