Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A little valentine.

For friends and family near and far. My nephew at Christmas with my mum.


A finished Trellis with shoes,


and hat, as kindly modeled by Flopsy and Jacques (he wants to go on vacation somewhere warm, but the best he could do was a felted lei).


Project specs : Trellis from Knitty, bootees from the 50 Baby Bootes to Knit book, Short-row hat (I just winged this)

Yarn : Dream by Marks and Kattens, a lovely blend of acrylic, nylon, rayon and angora (just a teeny bit)

Needles : 4.5mm KPs

Started : can't remember but it was mid-to-late December 2006
Finished : February 10, 2007

Project Notes : The yarn releases a lot of short fibres as you knit with it. I was initially very concerned about using this for a baby project but after washing and drying a swatch all of the loose fibres seem to have worked themselves out and the fabric is beautifully soft. I mirrored the travelling stitches on either side of the diamond (can't help myself) and I converted the shawl collar to a 5-stitch moss stitch band all the way around.

I'd happily use the Dream again for a project for myself and I think I will use the leftovers for Shedir if Pearl doesn't object (she went stash-diving for me so I would have enough to finish).

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Blogger lobstah said...

Everything came out beautifully! The little booties are so adorable.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Ahhhh!! He's a cutie...and he looks like YOU...go figure. Wish I could see a bit more of Mum! Tell her I said thanks for bringing you into the world..would ja!!
The baby outfit is cute as can be!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Montreal Mama said...

Hi - I am assuming by your comment on OneSassyTart's blog that you were her SP9 spoiler?

Can you PLEASE tell me where you got that While You Were Knitting notepad?

Email me at graphicdesignchick@hotmail.com to let me know please - I must find some!

(I also was in SP9!)

9:23 PM  
Blogger Romi said...

Gorgeous sweater!!!

9:24 AM  
Blogger sweetfigs said...

What a great baby set. I'm looking forward to the specs. I'm hoping you found a good wool superwash, cause that's what I want to use when I completely copy you.

Your nephew couldn't be any cuter, but he's too big for the new duds, right? Who're they for?

11:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home