Friday, December 02, 2005

Good Friday

I trekked over to Bowen Island today and had a wonderful time visiting Dick and Jane. This wonderful store full of stitching supplies and small delights used to be in Vancouver but moved to Bowen Island 3 years ago. I was so glad I popped in as she now has a (very small) knitting section and I picked up a weaving book I had been meaning to buy for a while.



I'm very happy with how the small bee cushion is coming out and can't wait to get started on the miniature sweater. She has 2 other designs, one with a snowman and tree and one that looks like a miniature Setesdal sweater - too cute for words! Since I was distracted on the ferry ride back, it's a good thing I finished Fred's mitts on the way over. I'll give these to her at Knit-and-Pearl on Monday night.



The only small problem is that I left my cell-phone so I'm hopping back on the ferry for a quick run over tomorrow. I'll take the Flame and see what happens.

5 Comments:

Blogger e's knitting and spinning blog said...

Those mits are so pretty! I love the cables!

2:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've got that book and it's been very helpful. Looks like a fun shopping day!

Love those warmers, too. You always make such pretty and unique gifts!

6:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fred will be stunned and delighted at the same time. She'll understand what a true knitter is.

Pearl

8:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can you bring your bee cushion to K&P monday? I would love to see it -- it looks so cute. Those mitts are lovely too. They're Fred's?

11:34 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

I love the mitts! Very pretty!

4:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home