Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Making progress

It's going to be another 2 weeks (didn't I say this last week?) before the house is done but progress is being made and hopefully I'll have carpet on the stairs when I get home.

It hasn't been all house-work around here.

I made a neat find at Home Depot. (OK, the trip was for more house stuff) If you don't have a Daiso in your neck of the woods to get my neat blocking squares, this may be a good, if bulkier solution.


I have become the master of quick cooking using pantry staples. If you take Kraft Dinner, add sour cream, parmesan, peas and chicken cooked with leeks and garlic and serve with a side salad, dinner is quick and surprisingly tasty.

I leave you with something I call 'sock, resting on newly painted door'.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pretty! And I'm very glad to know that HD has those squares. I've been looking all over.

Another good, though good in a different sense from your gourmet Kraft good, is to get the white cheddar M&C and dump salsa on it. Yum! Gauche, even for hot dish.

5:30 PM  
Blogger gray la gran said...

oh, pretty sock! i knitted that pattern, but you wouldn't know it because the yarn i used was so patterned itself :)

2:00 AM  
Blogger CatonsvilleCats said...

Is that the cabled pattern from Lisa? I have that but haven't made it yet.

6:19 AM  
Blogger Venus said...

Oh Daiso! It's all so clear to me now...

8:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, what you call "sock resting..." is something totally awesome ;) What an amazing pattern, and I love those warm, calm colors!

12:06 AM  
Blogger Romi said...

Cool! Thanks for the tip on Home Depot! And nice art with sock. :)

9:59 AM  
Blogger June said...

We make "tuna surprise" from our KD, add a 3oz pack of tuna and a cup of peas - add french bread or rolls and salad, and your all done!

Love the sock, what color is that again? I sure hope the door was dry!! lol

12:05 PM  
Blogger Opal said...

Love the sock! Such delicious colours.

1:46 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

lol! Who would have thought that Home Depot would become a "knitting supply" store! That's where I got my foam mats for blocking as well...and the wires for my blocking wires. :)

8:42 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

yum! and beautiful still life!

7:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home