Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Leafing out all over.

I know it's not really Spring, but it sure feels like it now that I've finished my socks and my african violets are in bloom again.



Project specs : Leaf Lace Socks by Fiber Trends

Yarn : Fleece Artist Merino in Amethyst

Needles : 2.5mm Regia sock needles, the little short ones that are no longer made :(

Started : July 14, 2006
Finished : September 4, 2006

I can't believe these wonderful socks took me so long to knit. I blame the house renovations that ate (and are still eating) my knitting time. This is a great, meditative, logical pattern and the half repeats on the sides of the instep are really pretty. This yarn both softens and relaxes a bit when washed so while I was concerned the toe was a bit snug, it's a perfect fit now.


Time for me to get back to work on my River Rapid socks languishingly sadly from the Trek-Along and rest up for...

8 Comments:

Blogger Robin said...

Your socks look lovely! They turned out to be a great fit.

3:06 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

The socks turned out great! Yes, rest up for the Wars, you never know who will be stalking you...

3:54 PM  
Blogger June said...

Gorgeous color Angela! I just love all the Fleece Artist colors! I wish I had more time to do the sockwar you posted about, but the darn job sure eats up alot of my time!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love the socks. Gorgeous yarn!

11:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

These socks are absolutely fantastic - great pattern, lovely colorline = perfect!

2:30 AM  
Blogger Joanne said...

Gorgeous, Angela, the color and pattern are perfect together. I'm going to finish my "lace on the bottom" sock and see how I feel about it. I'm just about to bind off and it seems like a lot of knitting to undo just now--worst scenario? I won't like it and I'll knit a third sock!

11:20 AM  
Blogger Sheila E said...

Beautiful, beautiful!! I wonder if we couldn't just buy you another set of arms and hands. I just know that you could use them to the best advantage.
That puppy knows how to work it! Treats Yah! Who wouldn't love to come down and visit you???

4:52 PM  
Blogger Venus said...

Those socks look great! I hear you were working those socks on the bus whilst enlisting my sherpa to carry boxes and teaching a fellow busrider how to finish the toe. I love the color. *sigh*. I just signed up for Sock Wars. I am in over my head probably and will be killed. But it will be fun. Also, cutest puppy ever.

8:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home