Thursday, October 12, 2006

Thanksgiving

How appropriate that it was Thanksgiving in Canada this past weekend. I have received 2 lovely surprises in the mail.

Look what Katrina sent me for our Chocolate Swap! That beautiful bag is knit out of Jaeger Chamonix. It is so soft and yet resilient. I am completely in love with that yarn and am so sad to find out that it has been discontinued. If you see 10 balls in black, please let me know!


There's local Oregon chocolate, and Godiva! I confess that I've never had Godiva chocolates and I can't wait to dig in and try. I'm going to have to follow through on my good intentions of getting more exercise.

I know you want to see what is hiding inside that Godiva box. If you live close by, I may be persuaded to share.



My second wonderful surprise was from my Secret Pal. Last year, I had fallen in love with the Hopeful pattern but for some reason could not download the pattern. I don't know how my Pal knew, but she bought me my very own, working pattern. I can't wait to go through the stash and find something perfect. I'm thinking a deep plum or black would be lovely. Of course, pink would be most appropriate as it is a fund-raising pattern for Susan Love's Breast Cancer Research Foundation.

Thank you to both Katrina, and my Secret Pal.

9 Comments:

Blogger Venus said...

I did live close by until you moved. =( Offer to share now will ya! That's a nice haul you were given. It won't last long though =p

1:39 PM  
Blogger Spinny Bunt said...

Your SP is a genius! What a cool idea. Good grief! Is that stack of chocolate bars from the swap? Wow. What a very nice parcel that was.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Terri said...

Hi Angela,

Happy Thanksgiving to you!!!

A Chocolate Swap, sounds yummy! I love Godiva!

4:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're so very VERY welcome!
I'm delighted that you like it. Can't wait to see what you do with it.
XO - cryptogirl
P.S. spinnybunt is clearly a very wise and discerning judge of character.

6:32 PM  
Blogger vanessa said...

wow, great haul!

4:02 AM  
Blogger jenknits said...

You'll look great in Hopeful! What a nice haul!

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

that is some serious choco.
i suppose you will have to have people over for tea, choco, and knitting.... :) just teasing! you and the flame should savour it all!

8:54 AM  
Blogger Opal said...

I love Godiva chocolates! I think you will too. I think Hopeful will look fabulous in a deep plum.

1:42 PM  
Blogger Spike said...

Got your KTS2 package today. It was wonderful and the tea...yummo!
Now I am a bit depressed. No website to buy the stuff. Sigh.
Might have to beg a new friend to pick me up some more ;-) Thanks again for everything.

1:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home